Thursday, November 29, 2012

Owls and Snowmen

My students completed owl artwork before we went for Thanksgiving break. Here are a few of the ones K, 1st, and 2nd grade completed. I found all of these ideas on blogs and pinned them to use.
Here is the "Fall Owls" project that 2nd grade completed. I got this project from the blog The Elementary Artroom.
This is the version that my first graders completed that I call "Owls at Night".


This week we have been creating snowmen. I just LOVE snowmen!!!! We begin by reading Snowman at Night and talking about the shapes. Then we started creating our snowmen. Each grade had a different snowman to create and they loved it! The Kindergarteners created the a snowman that looks up.  I found it on the blog ourartlately and I think they turned out pretty cute!



The first graders created snowman head collages. I found this good idea on the blog, The Elementary Artroom and I had my first graders try it. Here are the fabulous results :



The 2nd graders have been creating collage winter landscapes. I will post pics of those next week.

These are a few of my lovely Pin inspired projects. Thanks a lot to the wonderful creators and I hope I did them justice. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I discovered your blog today. We teach our own art. I hope you don't mind if I try out the snowmen with my students.

    ReplyDelete

Rie
http://hiphophurrayreading.blogspot.com/

Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales in an Artroom!