Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pinspired Birds

In honor of spring, my classes have been doing art projects with birds.
The 2nd graders made birdhouse collages, then sponge painted their birds. I saw this project on a pin that came from a Flickr photo.
Here are a few of my favorites:

The 5th graders have been making Angry Bird pop art projects. The kids really enjoyed getting a chance to draw Angry Birds, especially the boys. I first got the idea from a pin I saw from Artsonia.
Take a look at some of their artwork. I found a cool game and handout on  Expressive monkey and the students used this as a guide for making the Angry Birds. We then added a contrasting background using black and 1 or 2 other colors of construction paper.












Here's my favorite one, hers is so creative and cute! I love how she took some artistic freedom on her version of her angry bird.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rie! I love your blog design!! I'm a science teacher but I try to incorporate art into my science lessons whenever I can, I love your blog & am your newest follower!
    Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales in an Artroom!

    ReplyDelete

Rie
http://hiphophurrayreading.blogspot.com/

Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales in an Artroom!